Are you looking for an electric mountain bike under $500? Our experts review the 5 best electric mountain bikes under $500 available on the market and compare each of the models. So you can make a better decision about buying one of them.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, e-bikes were becoming more popular. According to users, riding an e-bike is fun and has many health benefits. Electric.co says riding an electric bike can improve mental health. Level 2 diabetes patients found that riding an e-bike reduced their diabetes levels. As a result, electric bike prices have also increased along with their popularity.
There are thousands of electric mountain bikes on the market. So it is challenging to find the best eMTB under $500. Our research team found the top 5 mountain electric bikes under $500. These bikes are affordable, but they don’t compromise on features or performance.
Top 5 Picks
Table of Contents
Factors To Consider
When choosing an electric mountain bike under $500, there are some factors to consider, including:
- Motor power and type: There are two types of electric mountain bike motors: hub and mid-drive motors. Hub motors are less expensive and easy to maintain, but they provide less power. Mid-drive motors are powerful and efficient, but they are expensive and difficult to maintain.
- Battery capacity and range: The battery capacity and range determine how far you can ride on a single charge. Higher-capacity batteries provide a longer range, but they will also be more expensive and heavier.
- Frame material and weight: eMTBs are made with aluminum or carbon fiber. Aluminum frames are affordable, but carbon fiber frames are lighter and stronger.
- Suspension system: Suspensions are important for a comfortable ride. A good suspension will help absorb bumps and shocks.
- Brakes: Breaks are an essential safety feature. Electric mountain bikes should have powerful brakes that can stop the bike quickly and safely.
- Gear system: The gear system gives riders a wide range of gears to choose from. A good gear system makes it easier to pedal up hills and ride on different terrain.
- Tires: Electric mountain bikes should have tires that are designed for off-road riding. Look for tires with a good tread pattern and wide knobs for traction.
Top 5 Electric Mountain Bike Under $500
1. Ancheer 350W eMTB
The Ancheer 350w electric bike is our first choice eMTB under $500. Ancheer 350W is one of the most cheap electric mountain bikes on the market. This powerful eMTB allows the rider to pedal with electric throttle. It has a good range of 50 miles on a single charge and the motor allows the rider to ride at a top speed of 20 miles per hour with 50 NM torque.
The 27.5-inch tires and the front suspension provide a smooth ride on bumpy roads. However, there is no rear suspension. Ancheer 27.5″ has a 24-speed gear system that increases power for uphill riding. Front and rear disc brakes also work well at top speed.
The Ancheer 350W bicycle is an excellent option for riders who are looking for an affordable eMTB.
2. Totem Victor 2.0
Next, our experts recommend the Totem Victor 2.0 electric bike. Totem Victor 2.0 is an excellent eMTB for beginners. It is easy to assemble and fun to ride. It has a 350-watt hub motor and a 36V 10.4Ah battery. It has a good battery range and can go up to 30 miles on a single charge. Totem uses fast-charging technology in this eMTB. The battery takes only 2-3 hours to charge fully.
This Totem electric bike has 26-inch tires and a 21-speed gear system. The front suspension absorbs bumps on rough terrain, but there is no rear suspension. The dual disc brakes also work well. Some users reported that the bike has throttle limitations and is not suitable for short riders. However, overall users found Totem V2 to provide good value for the price. Experts say the bicycle is a good choice for first-time riders.
- Read our Totem electric bike V2 full review.
3. Heybike Race Plus 26″
The Heybike Race Plus 26″ is an electric mountain bike with a 7-speed gear system. It has a powerful 500-watt hub motor that provides ample power for uphill riding. The battery range is also impressive; it can travel up to 30 miles on a single charge.
The Heybike electric bike offers three riding modes to handle different terrains, and the front suspension helps absorb shocks and bumps. Users found the bike suitable for riders between 5’4″ and 6’4″ tall. Experts agree that the Heybike 26″ eMTB performs smoothly at top speed. However, some users reported that the speedometer displays a higher speed than the actual speed.
Users found the bike to be affordable and good value for the price. They also claim that the Heybike 26″ is one of the best electric mountain bikes under $500 on the market.
4. Pexmor 500W Fat Tire e-bicycle
Next, our experts recommend the Pexmore fat tire eMTB. It has a powerful 500W hub motor and a 48V 13Ah removable battery. This fat bike can reach a top speed of 27 mph and has a good battery range of up to 40 miles on a single charge. This bicycle has only a front suspension to reduce bumps. It also has a 7-speed gear system and dual disc brakes.
Experts say that the bike comes 80% preassembled. They also found that the 26-inch fat tires were good for different terrains. They are satisfied with this Pexmore mountain electric bicycle. According to users, this bicycle is one of the best fat-tire electric mountain bikes at an affordable price.
- Read our 500W Pexmor Electric Bike Review
5. Jasion EB5 Plus
Finally, this is our top choice for an electric mountain bike under $500: the Jasion EB5 Plus electric bike. The 500W hub motor helps riders reach a top speed of 20 mph, and the 480Wh removable battery provides a range of up to 40 miles on a single charge.
Experts say the front suspension ensures a smooth ride, and the dual disc brakes enhance safety. The bike also has a 7-speed gear system and three riding modes. The seat height can be adjusted, but some users reported that the seat is not comfortable. Experts also noted that the Jasion EB5 Plus is suitable for riders between 5’4″ and 6’4″ tall.
Overall, the Jasion EB5 is a good choice for users looking for an affordable electric mountain bike. Experts recommend this bike for its price range.
- Read our Jasion EB5 Plus electric bike review
Benefits of an electric mountain bike under $500
- Affordable price: Electric mountain bikes can be expensive, but there are a number of the best models available for under $500. These bicycles are an affordable option for people who are on a budget.
- Increased power and speed: eMTBs can provide riders with a significant boost in power and speed. These bikes easily ride up hills, tackle challenging trails, and keep up with other riders.
- Easier riding on hills and slopes: Electric mountain bikes can make riding up hills and slopes much easier. Because the electric motor can assist the rider with pedaling. eMTB is especially beneficial for riders who are new or who are not in good physical condition.
- Extended range: Electric mountain bikes can travel much more than traditional mountain bikes on a single charge. Electric mountain bikes are a good option for long rides or for riding in mountainous terrain.
- More fun and excitement: Electric mountain bikes can add fun and excitement to mountain biking. An electric bicycle can help riders go faster than a traditional mountain bike.
1. Are electric mountain bikes good?
Electric mountain bikes (eMTBs) are becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason. They offer many advantages over traditional mountain bikes, making them a great option for riders of all experience levels.
2. How fast do electric mountain bikes go?
The top speed of an electric mountain bike (eMTB) depends on the type of bike, the power of the motor, and the riding mode. However, most eMTBs can reach speeds of up to 28 mph.
3. How much does an electric mountain bike cost
The price of an electric mountain bike (eMTB) depends on the brand, features, and components. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $10,000 for an eMTB.
Electric mountain bikes under $500 are a great way to get into the sport of mountain biking without breaking the bank. They offer many benefits over traditional mountain bikes. eMTBs offers power and speed, easy riding on hills and slopes, extended range, and more fun and excitement.
When choosing an electric mountain bike under $500, there are some factors to consider, including motor power and type, battery capacity and range, frame material and weight, suspension system, brakes, gear system, tires, and other features.